Product Designer

Job description


Looking for a Mechanical Designer to utilize Inventor (a 3D design software) to prepare and design engineering and manufacturing drawings. They design and manufacture simple and complex racking systems for commercial and manufacturing businesses. They will start designing part and component drawings and progress into their large structures and projects as they become comfortable with the product. The position is 90% designing behind a desk with the other 10% in project meetings, emails, etc.They will be working on multiple projects at a time, working with internal Structural PEs and external customers to meet needs and hit deadlines.

General Responsibilities

  • Candidate will be responsible for preparing engineering and manufacturing drawings in 2D AutoCAD and also Inventor 3D.
  • Candidate must work to combine preliminary design information with additional input from the customer and Structural PEs throughout the customer approval and design process.
  • Candidate will prepare manufacturing BOMs.
  • Candidate will maintain project drawing files, associated records, and other documentation per policy.


mechanical design, steel, structural, inventor, 3d design, Autocad

Top Skills Details:

mechanical design, steel, structural, inventor, 3d design, Autocad

About Actalent

Actalent is a global leader in engineering and sciences services and talent solutions. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts who drive scale, innovation and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500.

Diversity, Equity & Inclusion

At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:

  • Hiring diverse talent
  • Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
  • Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
  • Ensuring growth opportunities for our people

The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.

If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please email for other accommodation options.

Please let the company know that you found this position on this Job Board as a way to support us, so we can keep posting cool jobs.

Similar jobs

Browse All Jobs
June 18, 2024

Product Designer

June 18, 2024

Product Designer

Accenture in India
June 18, 2024